Tuesday, April 9, 2013

True friends make it easier to live the gospel

"Now is the time to decide who your friends are and to become worthy of a righteous eternal companion. It is very simple, brethren. As my mother taught me, 'Birds of a feather flock together.' Your peer group can inspire you to do great things or tempt you into strange and miserable paths. True friends make it easier to live the gospel. They never make us choose between their ways and the Lord's ways. They help us be the kind of person that attracts other true friends. And they help us become the kind of person a righteous companion can choose to be with forever. If you want those kinds of friends, ask yourself: 'Am I that kind of friend to others? Am I the kind of person I want my eternal companion to be?' "

- Robert D. Hales, "To the Aaronic Priesthood: Preparing for the Decade of Decision," Ensign, May 2007, 49
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=2370b5658af22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

No comments:

Post a Comment